The florin series was first issued in 1909 at the beginning of Australian coinage. During its period of circulation four monarchs were featured on the obverse - Edward VII (1909 - 1910), George V (1911 - 1936), George VI (1937- 1952), and Elizabeth II (1953 - 1963). Two primary reverse designs were utilised, the first was W.H.J Blakemore's interpretation of the Australian Coat of Arms. This design was used until 1936 when it was changed to Kruger Gray's interpretation of the Coat of Arms. The florin series concluded in 1963 in anticipation for the introduction of decimal currency in Australia. In addition to these standard issues the mints also produced four commemorative florins - Parliament House (1927), Melbourne Centenary (1934), Federation (1951), and Royal Visit (1954).